Build Right – Build Airtight
Glosford supports all its products with a comprehensive technical service
- At Glosford we use the renowned Kingspan TEK® 142mm and 172mm panels connected with a unique jointing system for walls and roofs, and floors are constructed using Mitek open web joists which suit the use of MHVR systems.
- The Core comprises High performance CFC/HCFC free rigid thermoset urethane insulant of typical density 33kg/m3, manufactured with a blowing agent that has zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP).
- The external layers are 15mm Oriented Strand Board type 3 (OSB/3) are autohesively bonded to the Polyurethane giving a true structural bond.
- With Kingspan TEK® the products receive a full product Warranty unlike other SIPS products on the market today.
- The Kingspan TEK® product is manufactured under strict quality control procedures accredited with ISO 9001 certification and carries the relevant BBA and ETA certification which are available to download on our Support/Literature page.
Technical Support service
- Free advice regarding the performance and suitability of the Kingspan TEK® Building System for any given project.
- Specific Structural Engineering Design advice.
- Converting architects drawings into a SIPS system design scheme.
In association with Kingspan we can arrange for a variety of relevant calculations
- Condensation risk analysis.
- SAP ratings.
- Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) in the UK.
Kingspan TEK® also offer advice on ventilation, heating systems, BREEAM ratings and Code for Sustainable Homes ratings via there dedicated Technical Services Department.
Key Benefits of Kingspan TEK® – the ‘new build’ standard
- Built Right – Build Airtight – With the unique combination of low u/value, minimal cold bridging and superior airtightness the Kingspan TEK® system is the best way to reduce heat loss.
- Low U-values – 0.19W/m2.K to 0.16W/m2.K in walls and 0.18W/m2 – 0.15W/m2.K in the roof with no additional insulation mean the system exceeds current Building Regulations and can also be expected to meet u-values set for the next level of changes as the government pushes for zero carbon beyond 2016.
- Limited Cold Bridging – Due to the continuity of the rigid insulation the Kingspan TEK® system provides greatly enhanced thermal reliability when compared with more traditional forms of construction. The result is that this system has only 4% thermal bridging from timber elements in a typical wall and 1% from the roof.
- Air tightness – The Kingspan TEK® system is ideal for the construction of an air-tight building envelope. With the proprietary system providing an effective air seal, results have been recorded as low as 1.5 air changes per hour at 50Pa. (current part L recommendations are 10m3/hr).
- Thermal Bypass – Thermal bypass is where the heat in the building escapes through gaps in the thermal envelope, this is a common issue in other forms of construction due to the way that the insulation is manually fitted. At Glosford SIPS the insulation is cut by our CNC machine to near perfect tolerance to ensure continuity of the insulation in the completed build.
- Speed of build – faster even than timber frame. Typically our installation team are on-site for two weeks or less for a four-bed house.
- Solid and strong – 5x times stronger than timber frame and nearly double that of a standard masonry house. Look in our Fact Sheet Library and see how sips homes around the world have survived earthquakes and hurricane!
- Quality of finish – Kingspan TEK® is precision made off-site in large format then Glosford SIPS CNC process each component, so you’re assured vertical walls and square corners on-site. You can confidently order bespoke items ahead of time knowing they’ll fit.
- Smoother project management – because you can eliminate the slow, messy, ‘wet trades’ your site will stay cleaner and be much easier to manage.
- Thermally efficient & sustainable – sips give you real control over your living environment and dramatically cut your heating bills.
- Flexibility – sips are used not just for new homes, but also large extensions and renovations. They cope with most design needs and can be finished externally as you want.