Glosford specialise in working with self- build customers. We recognise the importance of clear communication, prompt responses and assistance in the difficult challenges of building your own dream home.
Having SIPS could not be simpler:
- Send us some drawings of your project in PDF whether new build, renovation or extension. These can be planning drawings or more detailed Architects drawings.
- Our quotation will be returned as soon as possible and will be fairly comprehensive itemising the extent of what we supply, the extent of our site installations, the plant needed, scaffold required and all our terms and conditions.
- Upon an order being placed Glosford SIPS will provide all the external structural walls and roof in 142mm or 172mm Kingspan TEK (SIPS) along with all the required structural elements that may be required such as the Glulam beams to support the roof and all the internal lintels. Some steel might be required to help transfer roof loads or upper wall loads where a more contemporary ‘open plan’ design has been requested.
- We also manufacture and supply open web Posi Joist floors complete with 22mm T&G P5 chipboard flooring which acts as a safe deck during construction but can also be your finished floor or act as a sub deck for underfloor heating etc.
- Internal partitions are usually included especially if these are required as part of the overall structure.
What you can expect:
- Full Engineering calculations for the SIPS structure above foundation level.
- Line and point loads for your foundation engineering.
- Full design drawings of the SIPS elements for your approval prior to manufacture.
- Prior to despatch we will keep you informed of anticipated start dates.
- Installation by our approved sub-contract carpenter/joiners.
SIPS panels arrive on site in deliverable sizes for assembly on site.
- If Dormers are required these are fully fabricated in SIPS with a roof and walls including an opening for your windows. Other openings are pre-prepared for Velux windows and chimneys and also all the windows and doors where required. These will need to be sealed appropriately by your builder/window installer to take advantage of the superior airtightness that SIPS provide.
- We will then finally fully wrap the building in Kingspan Nilvent Breather Membrane which will make the building weather tight for a period whilst the building is clad and tiled.
- Glosford will work closely with your builder giving any necessary technical assistance as required.
What we require:
- Groundworks should be completed prior to our arrival on site and all walls prepared by your builder to receive our soleplates should be level to within +/-5mm. We will carry out checks before installation and ‘shim’ appropriately to ensure soleplates are completely level.
- Full Scaffolding around the perimeter of your building.
- Preparation up to DPC level includes both external and internal load bearing walls. Generally this would be 150mm above your ground bearing slab/base and in 140mm solid block (7N/mm2).
- View our full site preparation documentation here.
- We include craneage costs at the quotation stage and will usually use the crane at various stages to speed up the build and reduce the need for any offloading or other mechanical handling by the customer.
- We always try to deliver on a rigid vehicle in regular stages to minimise the amount of product on site at any one time.
In terms of lead times on receipt of an order we would request approved drawings and these need to be detailed enough for us to prepare our own SIPS drawings for you to approve before manufacture can take place. We would then anticipate a programme from approval of our design drawings of approx 4-6 weeks before the first delivery to site. Following this the site installation time for a typical detached dwelling can be in the region of 2 weeks. We then conduct a site handover to check complete satisfaction with our build.